Monday, October 23, 2006

Two Wheeler

I attempted to post on Thursday, but the computer was so sllllllooooowww, that it never posted to the internet. I figured that things were busy in bloggerland and that things would slow down and I could post early Friday morning before I went out of town.

I never did get a chance on Friday as I headed out to Salmon Arm for the North direction of the Medicine Wheel. When I got back on Sunday Paul was moaning and groaning about broken computers and the internet. He was frustrated with the whole thing and had been trying to get things to work for him for 2 days.

I called Telus this morning and got lucky with a tech that seemed to know what he was doing, we were up and running in 10 minutes.

Here are the fiber pictures I intended to bore you with on Thursday:



This is my first yarn! I know it is a bit lumpy and bumpy, but I am happy with it. For a my first skein I am thrilled with it.



Looks really fuzzy here, but it looks a little better in person.




It has a bit of twist in it when it hangs, I don't think it is supposed too, I don't have a book or a video or anything, so I am running blind here. I ordered a book or 2 from Amazon, but the book will not be released until the end of the month, so it will be a bit before I get it. I think it is time for a trip to the library.



The medicine wheel was good this weekend, it is an amazing learning/healing process. I am still digesting the weekend and need to be still with what I am learning right now.

2 comments:

Wudas said...

Wow! I am super impressed. I tried to touch it though the screen. If you would like I can ask Darryl to recommend some books to you. Send the yarn to me or save it for February and let me put some dye on it. It's cool to join up with rookie ventures. Darryl has lots of spinning to do. I've just have to learn to spin this winter. When Darryl spun his first yarn, I used it to make my first pair of socks. He often wears them to spin. No shoes on the spinning wheel. BTW, I keep dying more yarn. I'm figuring to bring it all with me in February, (if you are still going), so you can see it in person to select what you like. I'm no judge. I like it all.

I've missed you IM'ing. It was so like having you right here. I love you.

Shannon said...

I'm with Mom. I miss IM'ing with you too. Your yarn looks great! I wanted to touch it too. I guess we're a tactile family.