Friday, December 22, 2006

Channeling Energy

The kids are very excited for Santa's visit. They are so excited that they are full of energy and overtired. I have been doing my best to channel all their energy into good fun and helping them to keep out of trouble.

They have been playing dress-up, I think Q was dressed for dragon slaying here, Paul is the dragon.



No dragon slaying would be complete without a princess to rescue. I am not sure what Sebass's role in the whole thing was, but I know he had one.



The Christmas concert at school kept them out of trouble for a few minutes. It was very nice that the teachers put all the kids together so I could get them in one photo. I don't know if that was done on purpose or not, but it was nice. Layne is there too. I know the picture is not great, that is the photographer not the kids.



Miss Layne having a snack with Q, she is so pretty!



Q was having a great time eating and being merry.



Wren is about 6 months old already, if you can believe it. That is Grandma Pat with her head cut off, Debble's mom.


Paul took an hour off work to come hear the kids sing, I thought that was very thoughtful of him. I loved this father daughter picture. (When Paul saw it he remarked at how much he is looking like his dad)


We took the kids and Grandma Helen to the Wild Lights at the park. The Wild Life park here in the Loops has a really cool Christmas display every year. They put of 100,000 lights or more and it is really neat to see.
They use the LED lights that are so common now. I heard on the radio that the display would cost $27,000 if it were done with regular lights, but with the LED lights it only costs them $300 for the entire month of December.
I am with Shannon, I love the look the old fat lights, but we have been gradually moving to the LED's to save $$.
The kids got their faces painted at the park
Grandma Helen loved the lights, I don't think it is reflected in this photo but she had a great time. She rode the train with us and she enjoyed the maze, I think she was a bit worried we would never get out it!
The kids asked Santa what he wants for Christmas, a bigger sleigh and world peace. PJ asked what to leave out for the reindeer. They like apples by the way.
Here are a couple of light displays for you:
Pink Flamingos, because we missed Tropical Tuesday I will throw this one in.



Bears chasing Salmon:


I just can't resist these things can I?




3 comments:

Shannon said...

I love the lights in the wild life park. The Oakland Zoo used to do lights this time of year. They haven't done it for the last couple of years. I miss it.

angie, party of one said...

I was just gonna say that Shannon. It was really cool when the Oakland Zoo did it but it lost money (because it rained EVERYDAY in December last year) so they didn't do it this year. It was really neat though.

Wudas said...

You better watch out, you better not cry. I'm telling you why, Santa Clause is coming tonight!