Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Book Worm

I am going to try something this week. I am going to put the books down. I blame it all on Mom and Shannon. They sent a bag of books with Dad when he came up for a visit. I seem to feel compelled to read the entire bag of books as quickly as I can.

They are the J.D. Robb books. I have been sucked in, last week I read 4 maybe 5 of them. Yesterday I read an entire book. Last night I had a dream that I was cop in the year 2058. This is not good I need to pick up some knitting needles and knit until I stop dreaming that I am a character in the books I have reading.

My knitting is suffering. I am going to see what happens with my knitting if I put the books down. Even if I were to limit myself to one book a week I bet I would get more done. We might eat something other than pizza, the entire family might have clean clothes to wear, imagine the posibilties.

I might even be able to blog and answer my e-mail or is that crazy talk. I have gone about 15 hours without a book in my hand, I think I have the shakes. Is there some sort of program I could join, you know work your way down to 2 chapters a day or is cold turkey best?

3 comments:

wilsajedi said...

We told you those books were addicting.

Shannon said...

Personally, I think you can never do too much reading. I found it funny that you're dreaming about the characters and you being part of the story. That's happened to me too.

Anonymous said...

Told ya so! And you've provided us with NO answers to the puzzles you presented in your last blog.