Thursday, September 21, 2006

Fall

The leaves are changing, there is a cold wind blowing and it smells like Fall. Fall is one of my favorite seasons, but I am not ready for it. Just a few more weeks of sunshine to warm me up and carry me through the winter would nice.



You have seen many pictures of this beautiful pine tree here on the blog. Sadly the Pine Beetle is taking it's toll on the forests of British Columbia, it seems that this tree is yet another victim.



I noticed about a month ago that my favorite tree was starting to get a bit brown. I kept thinking I need to take a picture and blog about it. Today I looked out my window and saw that my tree is almost completely gone.



When I run some of my trail runs I am shocked by the amount of trees that are suffering due to the pine beetle. We need 2 weeks of below -40C to kill the beetle. Lets hope for a cold, cold winter here in the Loops.

I believe that there are areas in the US that are dealing with the pine beetle as well, I think Colorado is having some trouble with and I am sure the problem will work its way down into Washington soon if it has not already.

3 comments:

Shannon said...

Beautiful photos. It's sad to see trees die.

angie, party of one said...

Damn Beetles. VW should have named the car rolly polly bug instead of that pesky bettle.

Wudas said...

Are there plans to replant? It's such a shame but mother nature has her ways.