Friday, April 20, 2007

Martini's and Monsoon's

I have been looking for some Martini glasses and I finally found some. I don't really love them, but they were $8.00 for 4 glasses and I decided I liked them $8.00's worth. I did not realize that the Martini glasses would create so much work. They led to cleaning out the kitchen cupboards. I wanted to put them where we stored the booze.



This means finding a place for all the booze:



It meant I had to move the spices and put the booze there. Which in turn meant that I had to move the cutlery...you get the idea: I spent two days cleaning the kitchen inside and out.

These are beautiful aren't they?



My socks that rock are coming along. I like the look of the pattern, but I have not loved knitting these. The foot had to be knitted so tightly that it made my hands sore. After talking to Shannon about the cables I decided to knit them on a larger needle and looser than the pattern suggested. I know this might make for shorter socks, but I can get them easily over my foot. Bonus.




This is what I have left of the yarn on the the sock that is further along. I can't decide whether or not I should go for one more pattern repeat; I have completed two and the pattern calls for 3; or if I should do some ribbing and call them good. The last of the yarn always goes further than I think it will but 20 rows?



I have a continuing education seminar on Sunday. I was thinking of bringing the socks I hopes of finishing them. Is it rude to knit at an incredibly boring mandatory seminar on x-rays? I don't want to be rude to the speaker.

1 comment:

Shannon said...

You can knit and listen at the same time. I don't think it's rude to knit during a boring seminar.