Sunday, August 05, 2007

Alberta

We are enjoying our trip so far. The drive here was pretty good, we left Thursday night and drove for about 5 hours. We tried to get a hotel room in Valemount on the edge of British Columbia there were no hotel rooms available there, every thing was sold out.

We were pretty tired at this point but we had no choice and so we drove another hour to Jasper, Alberta. We drove into Jasper and all we saw was no vacancy signs, Paul was ready to get back on the highway and keep going. I suggested we go just a bit further down the main street and wee if we could find a room. There was one hotel without the "No" light on, I ran in and they had one room left. By this time it was 1:00 a.m. our time and 2:00 Alberta time.

I grabbed the room and ran back to the van. "Paul!!! they have one room left!" Paul said, "How many beds?" me: "I didn't ask!" We all slept in one room with a queen sized bed and we were happy to have it.

After living in Kamloops, where you are surrounded by mountains, Alberta sure has big sky, so here are some big sky pictures for you:



I am so proud of Paul who said, "That's a hella big sky."





We are having great time. The wedding was beautiful the reception was fun.
Phil and Leanna are spoiling us with wonderful meals, good company and a cozy bed. I will post more later.

4 comments:

Shannon said...

I wasn't expecting any posts from you this weekend. It was a very pleasant surprise to find that you had posted.

That's very funny that you're proud of Paul for saying "Hella".

Anonymous said...

I hope you get more than one bed at Phil and LeAnn's.

angie, party of one said...

Why were all the rooms sold out?
I'm proud of Paulie too, shed a tear even.

angie, party of one said...

Your new Meez is so cool!