Friday, July 25, 2008

Master Plan

We have some serious painting going on at our house right now. I am on the inside and Paul is on the out.

I have never had so much trouble picking out paint colours in my life. I knew that I wanted one wall to be chocolate brown and I am trying to work the rest around that. You have no idea how hard it is to find brown. Everything on the brown paint chips seems to have pink tones to it and I don't want pink at all!!

I have finally picked out three shade that I am going to use. I don't how your computer screen shows the colour of the hallways there, but they are the colour of a rich glass of chocolate milk. It is my medium tone of the three colours I am using. I have been fretting that it is to dark and has sucked the light out the hallways.

I actually went back to home depot to check out slightly lighter shades again, after the first coat went on. All the lighter shades...have pink tones to them, or orange. I am staying the path.



In this picture the blue wall with the plant hanging on it (that plant was Grandma's by the way) will be the lightest shade of brown, the blue wall on the other side will be the chocolate wall. Doesn't that just sound yummy? A wall of chocolate...whoops I got lost there. The other chocolate wall will be the blue part with the big window on it, you know the one that faces the street. If you don't remember I will post more pictures as I go.

Paul is at Stage 1 of his 20 year high school reunion. I have opted out of Stage 1 and stayed home with the kids tonight. I painted all day and dipped into the hot tub once the kids got settled. I have been craving a strawberry daquari and have mixed myself up one (one pitcher that is) and I am now getting ready to watch a chick flick and knit for while. Paradise.

3 comments:

Wudas said...

My solution for using darker colors is to use a satin paint. The color is richer, it reflects a little more light, and it's easy to wash.

Shannon said...

That's a good solution Mom! Yeah, for the chick flicks. I'm going to see on later today.

angie, party of one said...

His reunion has stages? My God... I don't even want to go to one day of reunions let alone many.