Monday, March 06, 2006

Random Vacation Photos



It's just the beginning, I plan to share tropical pictures with you randomly for the next two years. I am hoping it will help my vacation last that long! The above picture is Paul enjoying his first morning in Jamaica. I got up early and went for a run, when I made it back to our resort I found Paul relaxing. There were places to sit and relax all over the resort. You could sit on a swing, recline in a hammock, or even find beds that are hidden in the bushes to 'nap' on.



The resort was pretty big, it was 1/2 a mile from the Giggle Queens door to mine. The Linfields had a beautiful room with a private pool (shared with 4 other rooms). Their room was cheaper than ours by a whooping $10 a night and there room was much nicer than ours was. They had a bedroom, living room, a kitchen and a balcony they could sit out on. They even had a big screen TV!

Our room was closer to the beach and that is why it was $10 more a night, we had a big room, but no living room and no kitchen, a small balcony that I did spend some time on. It was great that we were in different areas of the resort, we spent time exploring the place and split our time between the beach our room was close to and this beautiful pool that the Linfield's room was near. The swim up bar you can see in the above picture was one of our favorites.



I did mention that this post would be random didn't I? The above picture was taken at our first breakfast buffet. There were new carvings every day, these are done on watermelon, but we saw some out of squash, carrots, bell peppers, even one made out wax. The food was very good, you could eat at 2 different buffets, or there were many restaurants you could also chose from on the resort. We had some amazing meals and only one that was bad, don't eat sushi in Jamaica. It was the worst sushi I have ever had, but we thought it was pretty good that we only are one meal we were not happy with. You could eat 24 hours a day there and the food was pretty darn good.



One of my favorite pictures of the Linfields, this one is taken at the big pool pictured above.



One of Paul and I on the beach. Husband in one hand, a drink in the other...It was a good trip!

5 comments:

Wudas said...

Here I sit watching the tempeture drop and the clouds roll in. But soon it will be warm and sunny. Your pictures make me remember that summer is just around the corner. I'm ready!

Shannon said...

I love all the photos. Please keep them coming. It looks like it was a very relaxing trip.

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for sharing these photos and your special moments in Jamaica - I've been there a while back (in beautiful Negril) and felt like hopping into the next plane to Jamaica again when I saw your pics! Thanks for bringing a bit of sun and warmth into our dreary winter weather here! Best wishes from Austria!

Anonymous said...

Ya Mon....You don't know me, but I'm having flashbacks here in Halifax looking at your post. I was doing a search for a friend from Los Angeles, who's name is Kelly O'Brien, and I found your blog. We just came back from Sandals Grande Ocho Rios 2.5 weeks ago. Had a good time, but the bus ride, oh, the bus ride...one word...HELL! Go down and drink a Wonder Woman for me please. Heck, have a Red Stripe too. We had 3.5 days of rain. Hope yours is better. Good readin' your post.

John in Halifax

angie, party of one said...

Aaawwwww, you are Paulie look so cute!