Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Finishing Weekend

I spent a fair bit of this past weekend doing a bunch of finishing. Paul and I spent an entire day (I thought it would take 2) finishing the ceiling painting.

Mid-winter I had done the dinning room and kitchen, but I stopped in the hallways. Saturday Paul and I did all the hallways and we did our big front room. I am glad to have the front room done, a portion of it is about 12 feet high at the peak. I was so glad to have Paul's help on this part. He climbed the ladder and did all the highest work for me. He also used his long reach to do the part over the stairwell. So glad that is done. Now I need to think about painting the walls in the hallways.

More importantly:



My finished sweater having a bath. It is still a little damp from the blocking and I have to confess. I have not sewn up the two seams yet. The only thing left is to seam from wrist to shoulder on both sides and then it will be time to find the buttons.



We also puzzled all weekend long. The red was the hardest part. I felt like the puzzle was pretty hard, but when I think about it it came together pretty fast. There were 5 of us working on though.



Two close-ups for APL:





Should I drop it in the mail for someone else to try?

5 comments:

angie, party of one said...

I'm impressed! I'm glad it was hard, after that swirley colored one we did years ago I'm always afraid no puzzle will be hard enough for you.

Shannon said...

You guys finished that puzzle fast. Very impressive.

memoriestoremember said...

Cool puzzles. We do alot of puzzles in our house (ones geared towards 2 year olds though).
The sweater looks good. It was alot of knitting.

Anonymous said...

I'm puzzled!

JustApril said...

man! regular puzzles sorta make me feel fatigued, but that one would probably do me in! lol

The sweater looks cool - can't wait to see it on ya =)