Saturday, February 16, 2008

Are You Tired of It?

I wonder if you are all tired of looking at this sweater yet? I don't know what it is about it but I am enjoying this knit so much. The pattern is simple, smart and well written. The yarn I am using is wonderful. I Am using Mission Falls superwash merino wool and Noro Kureyon. The yarns are completely different textures and I think that is part of what keeps it so interesting for me. Not mention the wonderful colours that Noro is known for.

I followed the pattern instructions and picked up the stitches for the front using the technique suggested. I was not happy with the way it looked:



Because I am changing colours every garter stitch ridge (two rows) I was getting a wonky line when I pick up where the pattern suggests I do:



Here I decided to use a different technique and I am much happier with the way it came out.
This colours are most true to life in this picture.



Here is the front with a few rows done. This project has been good to knit on the go but it has grown pretty fast. I am going to need to cast on for a sock soon so I have something to carry along with me. The thrums are still on the go don't worry. Bit by bit I am going to clean out that project bin.



I have been spinning a little bit as well. I am trying to finish up the rest of the Happiness roving and I have started on some superwash roving I bought a while ago. I have not taken any pictures of it yet.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are waaaay too organized. You sure didn't get that from your mother! But that knitting talent...maybe...

JustApril said...

The sweater IS growing really fast! (One thing I love about garter stitch, FAST) I'm all thrilled you used the name happiness =)) cool!