Sunday, February 03, 2008

Elbow Room

The Eagle has landed.

We are safe in Las Vegas after a bit of a hairy ride in the snow to Abbotsford. We drove the Coquihalla Friday night and it was dumping snow. Paul did a great job getting us to Abbotsford safely. There was at least 6" of new snow on the highway and it was coming down like crazy. He drove nice and slow and took his time and we got there safe and sound.

It was a bit of adventure the following day. Q had the flu on Thursday and Friday and he passed it on to Sebass and I to enjoy on Saturday. If you ever want a little elbow room on the airplane I have a little suggestion for you.

Take your seat, grab the barf bag and look really green and pale. Trust me everyone will walk right by and the seat next to you will remain open.

Lucky that no one puked we all just felt like crap. PJ has it today, but Sebass and myself are feeling a little better. Lots of hot flashes, I am getting a preview into menopause.



Here is the start of the sweater I keep telling you about. It looks big I know. It is the Not-So-Warm -Coat in the knit book, page 90. You will see when it is done that it looks way better in person than it does in the book. It will be great for spring and fall.



I am going to run. Company is arriving at George and Judy's for Superbowl.

6 comments:

Shannon said...

Can't wait to see the finished product. Is that self striping yarn or are you doing those stripes yourself?

memoriestoremember said...

Wow you have gotten alot done on your sweater. Glad to hear you guys made it safe and sound. Hopefully you left all of the flu germs at the airport, and can avoid the constant wiping and lysol (speaking from experience)at home.

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you guys made it safely through the Coq.

I'll have to remember that airplane tip hahaha it will come in handy we go.

Wow, you got a lot done on your sweater....I love the colours!

angie, party of one said...

I'm sorry to hear you all had the flu, that must've made traveling EXTRA fun. On the bright side, no where better than Vegas to watch the Super Bowl!

Wudas said...

Which page is the coat on? It looks like a quick knit. When I first saw the picture I thought it was the Einstin coat.

Anonymous said...

Kelly, I'm sorry you are sick on your vacation but I loved your airplane strategy--grabbing the barf bag, etc. Hope you and Seb & Paige are all feeling much better by now.