Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Birthday Party

This weekend we a birthday party for PJ. She wanted a dance party and invited 8 friends from school. We ended up with 10 kids in total and we had a good time. The kids had a great time.

I was worried about the whole idea of a dance party. It turns out rightfully so, the kids danced for about 30 seconds and then the boys wanted to wrestle another 10 seconds into it and the kids had lost all interest in dancing.

Paul and I were feeling a bit out numbered, we had thought a parent or two might stick around but we were mistaken. We were so lucky to have a beautiful sunny day and we played with kids out in the backyard for a while. We warmed them up with some duck duck goose and some musical chairs (well, musical pillows).



Layne came to the party, it was so great to see her. She has grown into such a beautiful girl and she has a great sense of humor. Cracked me up a few times. Here she is playing musical pillows, I guess she is pretty fast too!



Q was not so thrilled with the whole party. All those kids in the house and he wanted all mommy, all the time. I just had my hands to full to accommodate him. I did not get near as many pictures as I would have liked to have taken either.



We had pizza for the kids and cake of course. These pictures of PJ enjoying her special day make the whole thing so worth it. How often does a girl turn 6 after all?





Exhausting some else's child: Priceless.



I have not knit one stitch all weekend or the week so far for that matter. I was pretty beat after the birthday party so I started a book. I have been struggling with some of our office accounting as well. Normally it takes me an hour to balance the books every month, I worked on them for three hours and got so frustrated I was in tears.

Paul worked on them for another 3 and found the error. All is well in accounting land. I think I deserve some knitting time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You sure do! Knit your little heart out.

I got the message on my answering machine from the kids. Please tell them that they are welcome.

angie, party of one said...

Happy birfday PJ!!!!