Thursday, December 02, 2004

Amazing women, Crappy Men

Amazing Women

I am amazed by my life. I have found myself at 34years of age, surrounded by some of the most amazing women I have ever known. Women that show so much strength in their lives and help me to see the strengths in my own.

Bring on Tami, the mountain goat. She always makes me laugh. That girl can just send me a msn message and make me laugh. And somehow she always manages to time it when I need one more than ever. She pushes me to run faster, harder and of course higher than anyone I have ever met. It is not that she brings out my competitive edge, but that she inspires me, through all her hard work to be a better person and a better runner. Miss mountain goat is not afraid to call me out when I need it (I need this almost as often as I need my eyebrows waxed). She is also strong enough in her own rights to ask for help when she needs it. She is a 'tell-it-like-it-is' kind of gal...I love that.

And then there is Deb, 'Debbles'. Deb is a tough-nut. She keeps me hip and sane. If it weren't for Deb I would still be wearing my 80's jeans, my husbands t-shirts topped with the oh-so-sexy oversized button down flannel shirt. She also tells me when to get my eyebrows waxed. I need this. Between Deb and I we have 4 kids (my3 and her1) , we both have 4 kids really. Her daughter is as near and dear to me as my own and vise-versa. I am not sure who got the good end of the stick. She gets 4 kids and only one delivery. I get 4 kids and Deb to help with the work load. She inspires me to keep myself strong. You should see the girl she is a power house and has a wonderful spiritual side. She helps me balance myself.

This is not all, there are so many, many more, Leanna, Denise, Vike...I would bore you to death to list them all. How did I get so blessed to have this amazing network?

Crappy Men

Here is my question for the universe, or anyone else that dares to field it: why are wonderful women attracted to crappy men? Or are Crappy men just smart(they must have some redeeming qualities) and they are snatching up all the wonderful women while the good guys are having tea with their mothers? There are some exceptions, several of the wonderful women I know have DH's that treat them very well. It is the single wonderful women who I worry so much about. These women seem to have no idea how incredible they are! They don't know they should be treated like gold. They need men that tell them everyday how much they are loved and how phenomenal they are!

Okay I am feeling better now.

Knitting Front:

CO for Tami's Christmas Pixie starting now!



No comments: