Monday, December 06, 2004

Funky Town

I don't know why, but I have been in a funk lately. I try to shake it off and I don't seem to be having any luck. Mountain Goat Mckinnin suggested that I write things down and let them them go that way...good idea...here goes.

I feel frustrated all the time. I am frustrated with my DH, who is a good man. I am frustrated with my kids, who are awesome and I am not in love with work right now, I usually love what I do, but lately, not so much. It is like somewhere along line I lost my passion for everything. I am scared by that.

I could just crawl in bed and sleep for about three months. I don't know if it is the weather, or if I am just tired, or if I just need a lobotomy. I have so much in my life to be passionate about, so why the funk? Does everyone do this to themselves or am I some sort of freakshow?

I have got to let go of the funky stuff. I need to find a way to get out of my system. I have tried running it out, that has worked before, but not this time. Maybe I need to try a tan. That sounds silly, but the sun has been elusive here in the Loops. Maybe it is some sort of Seasonal Disorder.

Well regardless of what it is, I have a loving amazing family that needs me to be at the top of my game, so I need to find my out of this funk. I am feeling a bit better just by writing this down and getting it out of my brain. Maybe just venting a bit will help me out, that would wonderful if that works. Cheaper than hours and hours of therapy! See that I am turning into my optimist old self already! Miss Mnt Goat McKinninn may be right! Look at the explanation points spill onto the page, this is good news. I will keep you posted.

Knitting Front:

About 1/2 way done with the third pixie. I hope to have it done by Wed. I have not been working on the Freak Vest. I have put it aside to make Christmas gifts, I would love to get a couple of rows in on the Freak this week. The thing is it is on a crappy set of dble pointed needles and that makes it cruddy to work on. Can anyone suggest a good brand, one that your work slides along nicely on?

I picked up the yarn for the 4th pixie yesterday (the last?!?) I got it all on sale at Michaels. Just coincidence (you see how much I have to be cheerful about). It will a sparkled red with black fun fur around the face, special request for ski patrol colors. I am getting tired of doing them, but I love each one more that the last. I will post a pixure when 3# is done. It is different from what I used on the last two. I always worry about gauge and if I have enough. I will stitch up a swatch after pixie #3.

No comments: