Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Quote of the Week

This week's quote is brought to you by Sebastian. Let me take a moment to set this up for you.

It has been raining for the past few days here in Kamloops. This morning dawned bright and cold and beautiful with the sun shining down on the Loops, it is crisp and clean and lovely out today.

After picking the kids up a school I did what any mother would do, I kicked them all out to the backyard and told them they could not come in until lunch was ready. There was much whining and complaining, but I explained to them in no uncertain terms that there would be soon be snow outside and they needed to go out and get some fresh air before winter gets here and it is to cold. They grudgingly went out.

I watched them playing in the rock pit while I did the dishes and got ready to make lunch. I see Sebastian and Layne playing swords with the umbrellas. I put a stop to this before someone loses and eye or breaks an umbrella. More whining and complaining from Sebastian and Layne. But they did give me the umbrellas.

Then Sebastian strikes gold, "Hey Layne, we could this as a weapon!" The excitement in his voice enough to arouse any mom's suspicion. I look outside just in time to see Sebastian waving a rusty child's snow shovel in the air.

I did what any mother would do, I went calmly outside and said, "Hey what a great idea Sebastian, who wants to go to the hospital for stitches and a tetanus shot?" (for the record Quentin was the only one who raised his hand to volunteer for the job) the other kids laughed and put the shovel away where it belongs.

Note to self: See if I can find plastic snow shovels for the children this year.

3 comments:

Wudas said...

You gotta admire the imagination. Good save!

Bonnie said...

Kelly I loved your post today. I love hearing about your kids. PJ is right, I am growing out my hair too this year. Tell them all hi from me and don't let Quentin forget who I am. :)

Shannon said...

That was a great story.