Monday, July 04, 2005

Happy 4th of July

I had to work today. It was an easy shift though. One of our office assistants is retiring and we ran an add in the paper for a week advertising the position available. We received over a hundred resumes and Paul and went through them all last night. We picked out 20 of them and spent the morning seeing patients and on the phone scheduling interviews.

The amazing thing is that I already have all but two of the selected applicants schedules for their first interviews. I hope to bring the number down to about 5 and then Paul and I will do second interviews next week. I will be glad when this is done.

Hang on doorbell is ringing.

Okay that was funny. A delivery man just came and brought me some yarn I ordered on the internet.
PJ says "Mom, who was that?"
Me: "A delivery man."
PJ: "What did he bring?"
Sebastian: "How big was his truck?"

I will take some pictures of the yarn for you. I can't show you all it though, some I am going to knit up into gifts. This yarn is stinky, it is hand dyed and smells of vinegar to me, or maybe wet sheep. I am not sure I have never really smelled a wet sheep, but if this is what they smell like I'd rather smell a wet dog. The yarn was shipped in a plastic envelope maybe that is why it stinks. Yuck, I think my new yarn needs some fresh air.

It was a weird weekend around here. Paul golfed Friday from 7:30 to 3:00 and Sunday from 8:30 until 2:00, then he bartended a friends wedding on Saturday night. I spontaneously ran a road race up at the ski hill on Saturday morning so I was gone from about 8:30-2:00 on Saturday.

Paul, the kids and I all had fun this weekend, but I missed spending time together as a family. I enjoy it when we all go do stuff together or when we all hang out here doing our own things but still having family time. Next weekend Paul is going to Vancouver after I get home from work on Saturday, so no family time then either. It gets me a little down.

On the up side: (it always helps to view the upside)
New smelly yarn
My sweater is should be done today
I am learning to knit lace (I think)
I had a great run 55:55 10K on Saturday, in the wet cold rain with lots of hills.
I am having lots of fun with the kids.
Had a visit from Paul's cousin Taniel and her husband Jeremy this weekend and they are expecting their first baby in February. Babies make everything better!

3 comments:

Kelly O said...

Keeefer, how much would like a scratch and sniff sweater. You would wear it every day.

I will tell you the same thing I told Sebastain, the truck was yellow:)

Shannon said...

When do we get to see a photo of the smelly yarn? You know smelly rhymes with Kelly.:)

Wudas said...

It's entirely possible that the yarn smells like sheep and vinegar. Vinegar is used to set some dyes in protein fiber.