Saturday, February 12, 2005

Crazy Toothy Chaos

I have been to long away from the blog front...I have not been knitting either. I have been...gasp...WORKING! Can believe this? Can it be true?

Paul had his wisdom teeth removed Thursday afternoon. I was shocked to find he had any wisdom at all. As it turned out his wisdom was all twisted up the 'easy' extraction turned into toothy trouble. The roots were are gnarled and twisted and the teeth (the two lower ones) came out in many little pieces. Paul shows up thursday afternoon, following the 'easy' extraction, with his face swollen out to the moon and back, (I wish I had a photo for you, why did I not think to take one?),blood dripping down his face and a fist full of prescription medication. Oh, yeah baby it is going to be a fun weekend.

Friday I went to work for him, I was slammed all day and did not eat enough. He stayed home, unable to 'operate a motor vehicle' but apparently okay to watch 3 small children. He did a good job, when I got home not only was the house still standing, but the laundry was done and he did not shrink my good shirts. (He has a previous record in this department and is not allowed near the washing machine)

Today, I did a shorter run, 6 miles, it was a down week, gave a health talk, and saw 25 patients and 2 dogs, all before 1:30 in the afternoon. Then it was off the the rotarian Oldies dinner where I pulled Paul's set-up shift. Now I am home and getting ready to load the kids up for a birthday party. I really would love to just sit on the couch, knit one row and fall asleep.

Is the weekend over yet? I need a rest!

Oh yes, don't let me forget to tell you about the Runner's Sole fiasco. I have to pack the kids up now. But you will love the story, I promise!

1 comment:

Wudas said...

It is my opinion that guys screw up the laundry so they don't have to do it. D did the same thing. He's only permitted to do his own laundry which he never screws up. Hmmm.