Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Mr. Independent

As everyone that reads my blog must already know, I have 3 lovely children. The youngest Quentin (Q) is 16 months old. He is the most independent child in the world. He is into everything and anything and is a happy little camper about 99.9% of the time. I am blessed. This morning he went into the kitchen, opened the drawer that contains his bibs. He took one out and threw it on the floor. Q proceeded to toddle over to his chair, take the booster seat down and use it as a step stool to climb up on the chair. He then climbed onto the table to pull Sebastians plate of peanut-buttered toast over to Q's place at the table (Sebastian is off to pre-school already so he does not mind Q stealing his breakfast.) He climbed down off the table, settled himself into his chair and ate Sebastian's breakfast. When he was done, he climbed down and gooed up the whole kitchen with his peanut butter hands.

They are holding out on me. The moral of the storey...they can do everything themselves and I am here as a glorified waitress. They are so much smarter than me! It has taken 3 children for me to catch onto this fact. And even though I have seen the light, I am going to go put in a load of THEIR laundry, make THEIR beds, and take something out for THEIR dinner. THEY are conspiring against me...and winning!

They may still need me on occasion, I just caught Q eating the chapstick. Or is this all a ruse to perpetuate the myth for Mommy?

No comments: