Monday, February 21, 2005

A Good Weekend

We had a good weekend. After work on Saturday we headed out to Kelowna, with a stop at the Vernon yarn shop on the way by. I will show you my treasures tomorrow. I took photos today for you, but I thought it would be...Suspensful if I waited to post them until Tuesday. The yarn shop was much nicer that anything we have here in Kamloops, worth to hour drive to go check out if you are looking to enhance your stash. I will make it a habit to stop in and see what they have everything we pass through.

Harvey is doing well, he tires out easily, but he is doing better than any of us had even hoped for. He was diagnosed with lung cancer at the end of the summer last year, and at the time was give 3 weeks to 3 months. Well he is beating the odds and doing his best to live life to its fullest. He is walking 2 miles a day, he looks great, has a good appetite and only on medication for pain control. If you saw him, you would never know he is sick, he is a little energy and tires out easily, but he is doing amazingly well.

PJ had a wonderful birthday party at Boston Pizza on Saturday night in Kelowna and then another one here at home Sunday night. Debbles was wonderful (as always) and cooked up a great dinner that she delivered to our door, we shared the birthday meal and celebration with Debbles, Layne B and J-sun. We had a fun time and did plenty of damage to an ice cream cake as well (Thank you J-sun, you are welcome to come over anytime and help us demolish cake, you are a welcome addition to the O Family).

Angie Peg-Leg, thank you so much for naming Sebastian's monkey, I had forgotten all about chongo (and wrongo). I will definitely have to make a pair...one for you and one for Seabass. I will make you one for your birthday, it will be late. I hate to make the same pattern to many times but it would be worth it to send one to Benji too, wouldn't it?

It must be time for a piece of ice cream cake and some knitting. February IS a short month isn't it?! (This translates into: 'I am never going to have my sweater done by the end of the month.'

No comments: