Monday, February 14, 2005

It Should be a Law...

I think it should be a law, that Valentine's Day never fall on a Monday. Monday has enough stacked against it already. Just being Monday is enough work for Monday, then you take poor Monday and you pile on the responsibility of Valentine's Day as well. This is a lose/lose situation for poor Monday. I mean the romance, the broken hearts, the chocolate, the children all whooped up on candy hearts...poor Monday!

On that note, I am having a dinner out tonight with my DH, I asked him if he made reservations somewhere. He said, "you don't need reservations at Burger King" I love my guy. He is a good man, but a little 'romatically challenged'. I will show him, I will break the bank by King Sizing my value meal!

Knitting Front:
Kyoto is coming along. I did not get much knitting done last week, so this week I am hoping to finish the first sleeve. I am happy with the shaping I have going on so far, but it seems a little slow going to me. Is it me or are sleeves where you start to lose interest? I am needing a bit of break as my knitters ADD kicks in. I am going to try and finish the first sleeve this week and then I may need to cast on for a hat or a bag or something that is not a sweater. Or maybe a different sweater? I need a change up of yarn, or needle size, I am thinking of trying some beginner Fair Isle, or some lace work? Cables maybe? I am loving the Fairly Easy Fair Isle sweater in the new Stitch 'n Bitch Book. It looks like a good place to start. I worry about bulky yarn though, I have learned it adds about 90 pounds to my figure. But it is a cardigan...I will think on it while I continue on Kyoto. I am open to ideas? What do you to mix things up when you have ADD?



No comments: