Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Picture this...

Yippie! I finished the back of my sweater! I would be posting a wonderful photo for you, but I can not find the camera anywhere. I even checked between the couch cushions, I found some stale popcorn, a magnet, a playing card, a marble...no money and no camera. Okay I am blind, as I was typing away, telling you all what I did and did not find I looked up and saw, right in front of me...the camera. I will take a picture and post it after I am done with this post.

I need to do a little math before I start the sleeves, I would like to get a start on one tonight. I am changing the pattern if you remember. 16' square sleeves have no appeal to me, I am going to give them a bit of shape. Maybe 16' at the wrist coming down to 14' around the elbow and back out to about 15' at the shoulder. I just need to figure out where my decreases and increases should go, so both sleeves come out the same. I will develop a pattern and see how it knits up, I can always frog it if I have to. That would be sad!

I am giving myself a goal for the sweater, I would love to complete it by the end of the month. I have excuses at the ready if I am not done...February is so short...we were soooo busy this month...ect. ect. I expect most the knitting will be done on time, but I will most likely have some finishing work left at the end of the month...it IS a short month after all!

Running Front:
Monday morning I did an easy recovery run, to work out the kinks from the Saturday long run. I did a leg work out too. I like to get this done early in the week so I can recover for the next long run. There was a 5K time trial run scheduled for Monday night, but I did not plan to go, it is a busy week for us and I thought I would stay home with the kids and Paul. Well, I got talked into going...and kicked butt!!! I took almost 2 min off my previous 5K time trial. I came in at 25:17 and felt good the whole time, as good as you can feel during a 5K time trial (which means you are running race pace the whole time and just giving her all you have for about 3 miles.)

The difference for me is the weight lifting, adding the leg workouts is making me faster. My cardio work outs have not changed, if anything I thought I had slowed down due to winter road running conditions. Maybe I will be able to get the 1:55 1/2 marathon. It is very satisfying to see all my hard work pay off.

I took the day off today to rest sore legs and I have a recovery run planned for tomorrow morning.

No comments: