Sunday, February 06, 2005

Weekend? What weekend?

Weekends are so busy for everyone I know, it is a good thing we have the work week to rest up for the weekends isn't it?

I logged an 8 mile long run yesterday in the snow, in 1hour 14min. Not bad. I am feeling much less craby now. I had a busy day at work as well. I did follow that up with an eyebrow wax (ouch! But I look much better now) and a shopping spree. I bought a beautiful, cranberry colored wool coat. I could not help myself, it was 50% off, and my LB $ was burning a hole in my pocket. I also love the color and I look good in reds, especially red with blue under tones. I will have to post a picture of it for all to see. (Thank you Debbles.) I also bought two pairs of pants and 3 shirts, all were 50% off. The pants are worth every penny, they make me feel skinny, after three babies in three years it is nice to feel skinny.

Winter has come back to Kamloops, we had snow yesterday, and as I look out the window now it has just started to snow again. I am the only one who seems to be happy this. I am still in love the snow, its seems to have magical properties in my book, it takes our ordinary neighborhood and makes it look a bit fairy tale to me. I love the silence of snow...I have 3 kids silence is my favorite sound. My DH is ski patrolling all day up at SunPeaks all day, so the fresh snow will make him happy too.

I lost most of my weekend to my DH, he went to a hockey game last night and is skiing all day today. I don't expect he will be home until the kids are in bed. I am guessing after ski patrol it will be a couple of beer and the end of the SuperBowl. This means I have the kids full time, we are planning to bake cookies together after they have their quite time. I think I might try to get in a few rows of knitting while they are playing nice in their rooms...wish me luck!


1 comment:

Wudas said...

I'm watching Paul McCartney, Supber Bowl halftime show. He's still good. What a surprise that you look good in red. I have two philosophys; you can never have too many red sweaters and you can never have too many red shoes. Still looking for some that look like the Ruby Slippers though.