Friday, February 25, 2005

While the Cats Away

Paul left for Heli-skiing this morning. He was so excited, he was grinning from ear to ear when he left. He should be calling soon to let me know he got to Panorama okay. It is about a 6 hour drive. He is with Phil and Andrew, so I know they will have a good time. I made him take the camera and promise he would take some great pictures for posting on my blog. I am excited for him, he has always wanted to do this.

I worked on my sleeve for a while last night, I am about 7" into it. That little monkey leg was all I needed for a little spring in my needles. I would post a picture of the sleeve, but if you've seen one, you've seen them both. I think I will block the parts that are done when I finish this sleeve. My plan is to sew the parts together and then pick-up and knit the collar and the sash, so that I don't have to sew them on later. Hmmm, when I read it like that it sounds like I am in the home stretch. The pattern tells you to knit everything as separate pieces and then seam it all together. Mom suggested picking-up the sash, and I thought why not do the collar that way too? She is one smart cookie, my Mom!

Mom, check out this blog http://www.yarnharlot.ca/blog/ it is one of my favorites and she has a guest blogger this week, who was teaching about dying roving. It seemed right up your alley. I think you would like the information and Stephanie's blog is funny, she makes me laugh almost every day.

Cornstarch is a good idea, I have tried it before, maybe I will give it another go.

I will be checking the mailbox everyday, mom has put the kids afghans in the mail. I can't wait to see them in person! The kids don't know they coming yet, I love a surprise!

1 comment:

Wudas said...

Thanks for the link. The monkey looks pretty small.