Thursday, February 24, 2005

Monkey Mama

As you can see by the photo posted below, I started Wrongo. I am glad I started it now because those small needles make my hands sore. I am knitting it up on size 3's and for some reason I seem to death grip those babies. The yarn is hard to work with too, its all knubby and I keep splitting it. When I went back to my sleeve after knitting one monkey leg, the sleeve was a breeze. It will be good to work back and forth between the two projects, they are so different from each other, the yarn textures alone are enough to give variety.

Paul is getting ready to go Heli-skiing this weekend. This time he means it. He was supposed to go in January, but his trip was cancelled due to road closures. Well this time he is really going. I hope he has a wonderful time. He deserves the weekend off.

I will have the kids all weekend and I work on Saturday. I don't get in my long run Saturday morning and that bums me out a bit. My babysitter runs with us and I could not ask her to give up her long run for me. It is enough she is giving up half her Saturday to watch the kids so I can work.

PJ is not feeling good today, she has a fever and her 'tummy hurts'. Q has a rash on his legs and bum that I have no idea what to do with anymore. He has had it since we came back from CA, I have tried everything to clear it up and I am at a loss. He cries and cries anytime he soils his diaper, because the rash hurts when he does. Anyone have any ideas? I have tried several homeopathics, antibiotic ointment, powder, I have even quit using baby wipes on him as I thought he might be allergic to that. I am going to change my laundry detergent when I go grocery shopping tomorrow. I am open to any suggestions. It does get better if he is off dairy...Paul has been feeding him dairy, I have asked him many times not to, but he seems to forget.

Well I think it is time to knit.

1 comment:

Shannon said...

Have you tried corn starch for Q's rash? I know that it works very well for diaper rash. I learned that from Gran.