Wednesday, June 15, 2005

It's Not All About Poop and Vomit

First let me clear up my mistake in yesterday's post. I am sure mom and Shannon will have noticed my error: which witch is which? The star of Bewitched was Samantha, Tabitha was the daughter of the witch. I think I have this right now, but I live in a perpetual state of confusion. Apparently my timing is excellent and today there is an unveiling of the Bewitched statue in Salem Mass here is an article on it for you. Apparently there has been some controversy over the topic.

On to today's post

I have been thinking about much kids make me laugh and I thought I would share a few of this weeks stories so you understand my kids are really more about making me laugh than making me clean up after their bodily functions.

Me: "I need you all to use the washroom before we go to the office!!"
Sebastian: "Okay!" races to washroom to beat PJ there.
PJ gets to the washroom after Sebastain has finished and drops to the floor in instant tears.
Me: "PJ, what's the matter, what happened?"
PJ crying so hard she can hardly speak, tears streaming down her face "Sebastain left the thing up! He is not being a gentleman." The child is 2, where does she get this stuff.

Friday Layne, PJ, Sebastian, Quentin and I played a rousing game of Simon Says on the trampoline. This began as my idea and the kids quickly ran with it. Layne has us all walking around in circles walking like a penguin, Sebastain has us hoping on on foot and tapping our hands on our head. I am guessing the neighbors were laughing as much as I was.

Teacher Tina is one of the kids pre-school teachers. She is expecting and is due in late August.
Me: "Sebastain, don't eat watermelon seeds or you will grow a watermelon in your tummy like Teacher Tina."
Sebastain: "Mom, I have something to tell you."
Me: "What's that Sebastain?"
S: very solemn, "It's a baby inside Teacher Tina, it's not a watermelon."
Me: "Really? Well, how did it get there?"
S: "Teacher Tina put something on her finger and now she has a baby growing inside of her."

This is just the tip of the iceberg. I don't even know how many times a day these kids make me laugh. They make me see the world from a different perspective. It's not all about poop and vomit.

2 comments:

Wudas said...

That's what it's all about. I'm glad you are enjoying it so much. Now that you are grown my animals do the same thing for me. Really!

Shannon said...

Kids say the funniest things. I should start writing down all the funny things that my kids say. I know that I can't remember them all. That's great that you're having a good time with you're kids.