Thursday, January 13, 2005

And so it grows


Will it be mini or a felted bag? Posted by Hello

Mnt. Goats Bag is coming along nicely. Everyone thinks I should stop now and make it a mini-skirt. It has even been suggested that I knit up a pair of matching stockings to go with it. Well that would all be well and good until Mnt. Goat spills her starbucks down the front of it and hucks the mini in the -wash. Once felted this mini would fit my 2 year old! I just need to finish one repeat of the strip pattern, shape the bottom and make the handles and into the wash it will go. I love the process, but I can't wait to see how comes out. And of course I am already thinking about what to make next...

Running Front:
Oh yes, I have been running in this crazy weather. High of -16C today, are you kidding me! I did mile repeats my treadmill today, I wore shorts and tank top and sweated my bum off (21C in my house), it was wonderful. All while looking outside at the white, white world around me. I did take my running group out last night for a short 30 minute run, very cold at first but warmed up about 15 minutes into it. It took me two Guinness to warm myself up. The Guinness and the good company made the run worthwhile.

If there are any runners that read this (I did mention at the outset that although this is a knitting blog it would spill, pour, avalanche, into the rest of my life, you were warned) check out www.Nike.ca there is a great, FREE running log on there that I just started using. You can customize it to about any workout. It would work well for swimmers, weight lifters, yoga, it is pretty cool and worth a peek if you are into that sort of stuff.

A Question for the world out there, I am looking for a good book on blogging and on HTML any suggestions? Speaking of books, Anonymous, a book that helps me out with good easy instructions is Debbie Stoller's Stitch 'n Bitch. My mom, an amazing knitter, recommends, The Knitting experience I can not remember who wrote it, but she has book out the Purl stitch as well. They are on my wish list. (I may get them with the Gift Certificate Debbles gave me for www.elann.com )

Well, it is time to knit, before the kids quiet time is over. Sebastian is sweeping his room right now. I will enjoy that while I can, in a few years I will not be able to get him to do it, now he does it because he likes too! I don't ask him to, yesterday he said, "Mommy, can we get out vacuum?" of course we can!!

Am I the only one that finds it entertaining that when spell checking my blog, the spell checker wants to replace the word 'blogging' with 'flogging'?

No comments: