Friday, January 14, 2005

Hair of the Dog?


No, it's not broken, can you believe this? This is the lowest I have ever seen a thermometer, but remember I am a transplant, from California to the Great White North. Posted by Hello

As a California girl, I am in awe of this! This thermometer is reading so low it ran of numbers. Is this mother nature asking me to move or to buy a thermometer with a larger range? Needless to say, no run today. Good weather to stay home and knit.

I had a great night last night. Paul was ski patrolling (-32 at Harper Mountain for skiing) last night so Mnt. Goat MacKinnin and 'Everything but the Kitchen Sink' Linfield came over to help me out with the kids and have a few drinks. The kids were great and went to bed well, and left that 3 women a 4 pack of Gunniess, a 6 pack of cider and bottle of Tequila, you do the math. We had a great time.

I did have a dilemma this morning though. I have a healthy, yummy protein shake every morning for breakfast. I throw in lots of goodies: super greens, Udo's oil, bananas, protein powder, you get the drift. Wonderfully healthy. This morning my blender was on the counter, with a bit of Margarita still in the bottom. The debate: a little of the 'hair of the dog' with my protein shake this a.m. or do I go purist and wash that puppy out? You will be happy to know I chose to wash it. I share the shake with my kids sometimes and while I can stand a hangover, not fair to pass one on to Quentin. Being a mom always wins out in the end.

Mnt. Goat and Kitchen Sink, in a drunken stupor last night , were kind enough to tell me that I am more attractive now than when they first met me. This made me think about about women vs. men. My women friends, tell me I am like a fine wine, getting better with every year (they are kind arn't they?). My husband (also in drunken stupor, on a different occasion) told all of our friends what a lovely wife I am. "She is just wonderful, dependable, strong, durable (yes he actually said durable), like and old burlap sack (yes he also said old)". I was laughing to hard to be mad at him. It is hard to be indignant when there are tears of laughter rolling down your cheeks. That pretty much sums up men vs. women in my book. I love my husband, but eloquent he is not.

This Burlap Sack is out of here, I am going to work on the Mnt. Goat. Tote. I would love to have it done this weekend. My Knitting ADD is kicking in, I am thinking a small Knittyville hat before I start my sweater.




No comments: