Thursday, January 20, 2005

Piles

Today I tried to fight the winter blues with housework. That sounds like fun doesn't it? I have just been feeling low energy the past couple of days, and bit overwhelmed by everything. I like to think everyone has these times...or am I looney? I keep up with so much all the time and then I will have a few days where I just feel beat. I could use two or three days to myself, to knit and get a whole bunch of things done that should have been done weeks ago, and knit some more and sleep...lots of sleep. Sleep until the cold weather is gone and the days are longer, just until it is sunny when I get up to run at 6 in the morning. Enough whining. I hate it when my kids whine. Instead of whining I cleaned the house (I looked for chocolate first, but there wasn't any.)

Piles. I have made a vow to get rid of my piles. We all have piles. Mine collect in about three or four places. You know them, you have them too. Papers from the kids at school, that Thank you card you meant to send last week, bills to pay, pictures a friend sent you, coupons, patterns you printed off the internet. You get the idea. I am going to attack one pile a day until they are all gone. Then I am I going to start new ones (I have to be realistic here, piles are a fact of life). My current piles are driving me crazy, the top of the refigderator, the area by the phone in the kitchen, beside my bed, my computer and my hope chest. That is a lot of piles, they will be eradicated by this time next week. Where are your Piles?

Knitting Front
I finished Mnt. Goats tote...Still not felted yet. I will do it tomorrow. I have not had a block of time long enough to give it the attention it deserves during the felting process. I plan to do it during lunch tomorrow while Debbles is here to help with the kids. I will post pictures I promise.

I have playing with gauge and how I want to knit up the sweater I am getting ready to start. Kyoto, the pattern is on Knitty.com for anyone who wants to take a look. I am trying to get the sizing right, I would like it to be a bit more fitted than the pattern is designed. Look at me go...my first sweater and I am already changing the pattern. I can not take credit, my mom is an amazing knitter and I have called her twice already with questions about fit, gauge and sizing. She rocks, check out her blog and her knitting I think the site is www.daeswork.blogspot.com but I will check that for you. My sister is out there in blog land too, and also a rocking knitter at www.knittinggeek.blogspot.com .

I am waiting for a knitting needle I ordered at www.Elann.com to come before I get started on the sweater, so I am keeping myself occupied with the knittyville kitty hat. It will be quick and fun a good one to go back to if I get knitters ADD during the sweater. I would love to have a swift and ball winder to help me with all this yarn, but alas! Woe is me, elann is out of stock! I have a gift certificate there burning a hole in my pocket (thank you Debbles).

Well its time to knit.

1 comment:

Wudas said...

Kelly, I too am throwing myself into the house stuff. I actually cleaned off that nasty shelf above the washer and dryer. You've had experience with it up close and personal. Well, it's neat and organized and I threw away that big old basket that was falling apart. I use it in the summer for hanging laundry on the line, saving energy. I'll get a new one next summer. My keyboard is set back up. I put it in the sewing room on top of the treadle machine. Yup, all the books are put away and there is a top to that machine. All leftover yarn is bagged and put away. And I did finish the project I had set for today. Now it's the wee hours of the morn & I'm just finishing up that brochure I mentioned. I was able to crochet for about an hour. Also stress eating. I still have tons of cookies and stuff in the freezer. I sent most of it over to Shannon's for Morgan's bday, fudge went to work with Darryl. But I stashed the chocolate cookies. A winter necessity. I had my own little breakdown today. We are gonna find some sun Saturday. We have had a record number of foggy days. I can hardly bear to get in the car to get food for the fridge. I close the blinds early and turn on the lights and pretend it's dark outside. I have full spectrum lights so it helps. I guess all this verbage really says is, "You are not alone."