Tuesday, January 25, 2005

Piles of Progress

My piles are shrinking! Some of them have even disappeared all together. Some have just migrated. I am feeling lighter every time I banish one from its home. I now have enough room on my bathroom counter to lay down my blow dryer, I have more counter space than I have seen in months. I even cleared out my craft dresser and the kids art stuff. I still have to tackle a pile in my bedroom, the top of the refrigerator, and the pile by the phone.

Oh yes! Let's not forget that finally undecorated the Christmas Ficus-Tree. It seems I was able to put that off longer than your standard pine Christmas tree. It wasn't going dry and in the front window, where all the neighbors could note my laziness. Maybe they all knit too and would understand that knitting is a far better use of time than house cleaning.

I am still feeling the need to purge and organize beyond even piles. I have added my closet to the list, and of course the kids rooms, and oh yes, the computer armoire. I did Quentin's room this morning. I moved all my sewing stuff out of there and into the space that Paul built for me. Q's room now looks empty, did I have that much sewing stuff in there??? Who knew!

Paul built two closets for me, as pictured above and below this post. I have a 4 bedroom house with a microscopic linen closet. I could not fit all the linens for the house in my existing linen closet (and you can see by the picture I don't really have a lot of linens). Now I put all the linens in the closet that Paul built. This means the old linen closet was empty. Not for long. It is now filled with cleaning products, brooms and the vacuum cleaner. This means I had an empty cabinet in the kitchen. I moved the cookbooks up and off the counter...And viola! Less disorganized piles of crap! I am feeling better and better. Still lots of work to go.

I remember when I first moved into this house. I called my mom in excitement. 'Mom! Can you believe this, I have empty kitchen cupboards and I am all unpacked!' She laughed at me and told me that wouldn't last long. She is a wise woman, she would be proud to see me with so much crap. I aspire to someday have a stash like hers. My craft stash is nothing compared to what Mom has stashed away. I need to do more exploring next time I go to her house.

Knitting Front:
You will all be so proud. I cast on the right front of my sweater. I would post a picture, but I only have about 6 rows done and it doesn't look like much yet. I promise to post a picture when it looks like something. I did not get as much done as I had hoped. Q was sick last night, started throwing up about 9:00 and did not stop until about midnight. He is tired today, but keeping his food down and no fever. All is well. I may go running tonight with the Mnt. Goat so I don't know how much I will get done tonight either. I am going to try and squeeze in a few rows now.

No comments: