Saturday, January 01, 2005

Home Sweet Home

We flew into Kamloops today after our rain filled California trip. We had a wonderful time and were spoiled by all. My mom and step dad served the best turkey dinner I have ever had. Darryl smokes the turkey and it is amazing. I don't even like turkey all that much, but Darryl's smoked turkey is so good I could skip the rest of the meal. Mom was wonderful about accommodating my allergy prone husband and for all the knitters out there she knitted a sweater for each of her grandkids for gifts. I will post pictures of them tomorrow when I have more energy and had less wine. (One of my New Years resolutions...drink more wine)

I had a great time with my sister and her family. I have so much fun with Shannon and her family, I miss them a lot. We went to the most amazing yarn store I have ever been to. Shannon and I both bought some beautiful yarn. I will post a picture of mine next blog. (This one is going to be boring pictureless blog)

We spent a lot of time with my dad too. Dad has mellowed in the past few years. He was so good about the kids making messes in his spotless house and good when Q emptied his alphabetized can good cupboards.

I ate myself silly and I can not wait to start running regularly now that I am home. I only ran twice while there, and ate at least 8 times a day...You do the math! The 1/2 marathon training will start on the 15th again. This will be my 3rd one, I am looking forward to taking 6 min off my time (another New Years resolution)

Knitting Front:

I finished two umbilical cord hats (stitch n bitch) for twin girls for Christmas and I am almost done with the last pixie. I have lots of projects planned for the new year including a sweater for me, a felted bag for Mountain Goat MacKinnin, a bag for me....well the list goes on and on.

Well, I have been up since 6:30 and in airports since 8:30, one rental car, one train and two planes, another car, unpacking family of 5, two glasses of wine...this goose is cooked! Good night all. And Happy New Year!

No comments: