Sunday, January 16, 2005

What a Day

Today started out so innocently. 4 inches of fresh snow last night. Paul so excited to go ski patrolling all day long in fresh powder. I stayed home with the kids all day. We had a good day, but any day with three kids the age that mine are at is a lot of work. I was expecting Paul home between 5:00 and 5:30. When the phone rang around 5:30 I just knew something was wrong.

It was Paul "I just slid off the highway and smoked a light post."
Me, "Are you okay?

He is fine, the truck is a little worse for wear, but who cares as long as Paul is okay. It made our evening a little crazy. Paul waited for a tow truck and I feed the kids a quick dinner and loaded them into the car to go get Paul. The worst part about that was having to drive the icy roads that Paul just slid off of. I drove slow and steady and we are all home safe. I think the truck will be back on the road tomorrow with a new front tire.

Hugs all around my family is safe and sound. Slightly shaken, not stirred!

2 comments:

Shannon said...

I'm glad that Paul is okay.

Wudas said...

Me too.