Thursday, May 12, 2005

Boring Blogger

I am just a dry well lately. I feel like I am giving you all booooring posts the past two weeks or so. It would seem I am only on my game when covered in vomit, buried in laundry and have changed and/or wiped 40 poopy bums in one day.

All is well at our house, we are finally healthy and having a good time. The Barking Cows have righted the universe with a 3 game losing streak. I ran a 5K time trial last night and added 35 seconds to my time. FYI: this is not a good thing, runner's never want to ADD seconds to their time.

Perhaps it's the mini-van that is sucking all my wit and cleverness. Yes, you read that right. MINI-VAN. I never wanted to be a mini-van mom. Then why did I have 3 children? Good question. If the mini-van was not leaching all my individuality and wit right out of me I would have a clever answer answer for you. But alas, I don't. That is it! I am taking the mini-van back to the dealership from whence it came!

Not a tough task, it is a demonstration vehicle, it does not belong to me, YET. In case you have not figured it out yet. We might be buying a mini-van. I am liking the Dodge Grand Caravan with the Stow-n-go seats. I just wish it were not a mini-van. Can I have seating for seven without having to buy a mini-van. Would it be wrong to buy, um, let's say a limousine? We would all fit in that wouldn't we? And we would have a minibar. Or maybe I could buy a bus, you know one of those short yellow ones? Okay maybe not, but I like the idea of a minibar. Can I get a Dodge Caravan with a Marqarita machine installed?

Maybe it is the color of the loaner that is zapping me. It is gold, with brown interior. It is grannie's mini-van. I need a saucy red one, or midnight blue, but not Granny Gold. Does it come in limousine Black, or Short Bus Yellow? Excuse me, I think I see a minibar.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

How about an SUV? There are many: Toyota, Lexus, Acura, Nissan, Honda, Infiniti, etc that make vehicles for that many people and are really good looking and sporty. I know for a fact (because I am going to buy one) that the new Acura MDX has 4wd and a fold down 3rd row of seats.

Shannon said...

SUV's are for people who actually go camping and stuff. Mini vans are as bad on gas as and SUV is. I don't blame you for not wanting a mini van but then we own a Prius. If you have to have a mini van a red one would be good. What about a station wagon?

Kelly O said...

I have looked at some of the SUV's but they don't have near the space a mini-van has. Remember not only do I need to seat 3 kids, but all those children are in car seats and I have LB 2 days a week, this means I have to fit 4 car seats in the vehicle and still be able to aford to feed everyone. This makes the best bang for the buck a mini-van.

I know the facts are ugly.

Wudas said...

Hi Kid. I'v been off line for a few days. Darryl and I checked out the Ford Escape Hybrid. Nice ride but I don't know how many car seats you can put in it. You know you can thumb your nose at the other gas hog SUV's and be cooler than a (ugh) mini-van. How about one of the Subaru wagons. They look good. My car of choice would be the RX-8. It does have a back seat but would only hold two car seats back there.

Kelly O said...

A Hillbilly car- do you think a hillbilly car has seatbelts to hold the car seats in or should I just use duct tape?

Hi Mom-nice to see you back in blogland, PO and I would love to buy a hybrid and we have talked a lot about waiting a few years until there is a hybrid vehicle out that will hold all of us. Now we are thinking we really can't wait and we will have to buy one at a later date. I love the hybrid concept and wish I could drive a cool cat prius (sp?) like you and Shannon.