Thursday, May 19, 2005

Worry Wart

Paul went in for his surgery this morning at 6:00. There was a rumor I would be able to pick him up around 10:30. It is 1:30 now and they have still not released him. I don't need any excuses to worry, it is something I have down to an art. I would like my DH home so I can hear him whine and know that all is well. (I have first dibs on his medication!)

Don't worry tomorrow I will be blogging about how tired I am of hearing my DH whine. The pendulum swings very quickly around these parts.

Just to set all your minds at ease the day surgery nurse left a message on the answering machine around 10:00 this morning to let me know that Paul was doing fine and I should be able to pick him up around noon. Debbles is picking him up for me and she called the hospital at 12:30 and they were not ready to let him go yet. My guess is either the doctor was running late and had not had a chance to examine him and clear him for release or Paul was not feeling well due to the heavy medication used to sedate him. Anyway the latest news is that he should be released around 1:30. Now you know as much as I do, I will keep you posted.

Debbles gets a gold star for the day. I don't know what I would do without that girl. She got up at the crack of dawn to give Paul a ride to the hospital for me. I could not get him there without waking up all the kids and trying to get everyone out the door by 5:45 a.m. This would have taken a miracle. Now she is on pick up duty, imagine picking up a wild grumpy bear, just waking from that tranquilizer shot he had for breakfast. Did I mention the bear has not eaten since dinner last night. She is one brave lady. Did I already say I don't know what I would do without her? Thank you Debbles!

No comments: