Thursday, March 03, 2005

Afghan Love

The kids are excited, they love getting mail. And they love their afghans that Grandma E and Grandpa D sent. They arrived today, Paul picked them up at the post office on his way home from work. PJ has folded and unfolded hers about 50 times already, Sebastian has laid his out on the floor and rolled all over it. Funny thing is I did not tell which kid which afghan was intended for them and they each picked the correct one. PJ called the red one as soon as the box was opened and Sebastian wanted the one that 'matches my bedroom' so it was blue and yellow for him. Well done mom. (for future reference my room is shades of green and Burgundy)

I will post some pictures of the kids with their new treasures tomorrow.

The kids have been kind enough to share their cold/flu with me. I have felt yucky for the past few days and today has been the worst so far. I have not been sleeping well, neither has Q, and every time I finally get to sleep he wakes me up. I have had some trouble getting up for my morning runs due to this cold and lack of sleep. I did get in a short run last night (5K) and about 8K this morning. I have not touched my weight set all week. More on the weight set in tomorrows post.

Paul is just about done giving the kids a bath and I am on to go brush teeth and hair. I had better get back to work.

Thank you Mom for the wonderful afghans the kids love them!

I am hoping to get in some knitting tonight, finish my sleeve perhaps? I am sooooo there!

Shannon, your comments always make me smile. We have had lots of sun the past two weeks or so. It has been cold and crystal clear last week and this week has warmed up. We got up to 12C today, that is about 58F or somewhere in there. Spring is coming. There is no snow left in the yard, just a brown lawn. Shannon, are you up to something with all this work on your house? I remember hints of a 'big decision' in your blog.

2 comments:

Wudas said...

I know they are small but I thought they might be the right size for carrying around and impromptu naps. What did you think of the crochet/knit mix? I've never tried it before.

Shannon said...

Kelly, yes we are up to something but I'm not ready to blog about it. If you want the 411, I'll send you email. Maybe then you'll finally tell what to get Paige for her birthday.