Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Poop Filled Day

I make it point to not blog about bodily functions, but the day seems to warrant it, it seems to even beg for it. You have been warned.

I have spent the past 4 years of my life with diapers and toilet training. I am down to having only one child in diapers these days (this is cause for celebration, I had two in diapers for years). Quentin is about 18mo old now and he is toilet training. I had the other two both toilet trained at about 2 years old, so I figure I have 8 months or so of diapers to go yet. When we are at home I use underpants to train with, this way the child knows he is wet, diapers are too good at wicking the moisture away from the skin and kids don't even know they have wet themselves. Q is now complaining and coming to me when he has wet himself even if he is in a pull up or diaper. This is a good sign, it means he is recognizing how his body feels when he has to go. There is a comical story here I promise.

When I got the Q Ball up this morning I was in a bit of a hurry, so I took off his diaper and just pulled his pajamas back up, I figured I would be getting him dressed soon anyway, so he could just go commando for a bit. This morning after breakfast, he was toddling around in his pajamas while I was getting ready for the day. He came to me agitated and pulling on his clothes. I checked and he was nice and dry. (You can see where this is going can't you). I asked him to show me what he needed and he pointed in the direction of the bathroom. I was duly impressed, I thought 'Damn, now this kid is on the ball." Then I noticed the bottom of his pajama leg looked odd. Yes, you guessed it, poop, in the bottom of his pajama leg. What a day to start my day and poor Q, poop from his bum to his ankles, that's just not right.

The up side:
1. I took no photos to post here for you.
2. There is no smell-o-blog yet
3. He was not wearing a kilt

Now that I have grossed you all out, today is poopy in the figurative sense as well. My husband is falling apart. We have been married for 5 years and in that time he has had 3 surgeries and was scheduled for one more on Monday. Mom always told me I was hard on my stuff but this is ridiculous.

1. Eye surgery to repair a congenital eye problem
2. Vasectomy, 3 kids in 3 years, you do the math
3. Wisdom teeth last month, the three week nightmare. He is still whinging about it
4. WAS scheduled for a surgical repair of a inginual hernia, Monday.

I need to learn to be gentle.

Monday was perfect timing. You see my mother-in-law flies in tomorrow to spend two weeks with us. The kids go on spring break on Monday. It was perfect. I was going to the office for the week (which incidentally includes a holiday on Friday so it was a short week). I work for four full days and Grandma Judy stays home and takes care of Paul and the grandkids. Hell this sounds like a planned vacation to me. I assure you all our patients combined would not whinge as much as my DH following a surgical procedure. Let us remember how fragile he is.

The surgery has been rescheduled to sometime in April or June, this means we will have to close the office while Paul recuperates, and I will have to take care of all FOUR children myself. God Bless BC Medical.

All joking aside, Paul and I are disappointed, we were looking forward to putting this surgery behind us. Paul was looking forward to being able to start back to his work out program. We have found all this waiting to bit a stressful. It would have been so nice to have this done and not have to close the office and to have the extra help with the kids and the house. Poop.

1 comment:

Wudas said...

As I keep telling you guys. Whoever you married would marry into good stock. No allergies, and pretty much healthy as horses. They should thank me daily for their healthy children.

Poop is the revenge of the grandparent.