Sunday, March 20, 2005

Top 10

Keeefer, you guessed the word of the week last week, it was kilt. Well done. It has been requested by the blood lines that I choose this weeks word, however if you are interested in picking next weeks word to challenge this crazy word word family just let me know. You would need to post your word on Sunday March 27th either here in the form of a comment, or we could all traispe over to your blog for a look.

Well I have been having a heck of a time picking this weeks word, I have thought of so many that would be wonderful in their own little ways. I am feeling the need to post a top 10 list number 1 will be this weeks word. (I don't even know which one it is yet!)

Kelly O's Top Ten:

10. Enunciation
9. Scuffle
8. manzier (a bra worn by men with breasts, thank you Sienfeld)
7. Flatulence (good word, to easy for Shannon to use, Will is a gas bag)
6. Plush
5. Expectorate
4. Craptastic!!
3. Aerola
2. Cloistered
1. Supercalafragilisticexpialadociuos

No groaning ladies, this word is perfect. Yes, it can be found in Webster's Unabridged dictionary, so no complaining about that. Also the definition of the word is perfect for out purposes, Websters defines it as a "nonsense word used by children". I googled Supercalafragilisticexpialadocious and came up with 256 hits. This being one of my favorites. I think using it as we know it as a song title and associated with Mary Poppins is allowable, but unimaginative.

If I could add 11 I would add pseudoantidestablishmentariansim. I wonder if this is the longest word in the dictionary? Anyone know?

Anyone willing to attempt all of Kelly's top 10 in a single post? I will send a little treat to anyone who pulls that one off.

Running: I did not run the race today, it was windy, cold with slushy rainy snowy crap falling out os the sky. I sat in the hot tub and had a cup of coffee instead.

5 comments:

Wudas said...

When do we find out which word it is?

Shannon said...

Love the top ten list. Very David Letterman.

Kelly O said...

Mom, this word is number one: Supercalafragilisticexpialadocious

Shannon said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Shannon said...

The Crocodile Tears link didn't work. Just thought you should know.