Tuesday, March 01, 2005

No Knitting Here

I have a lot of passions. My family, my job, running and fitness, chocolate, reading, knitting, and much more. I picked a book on the cheap at Chapters last week (an oxymoron?). I started reading Patricia Cornwell's book , Blow Fly, the latest in her series about Kay Sparpetta. I love these books. I started it Saturday and finished it last night. Thank goodness I got it finished, now I can get something else done. I just get sucked into a good book and I can not stop reading it until it is done.

I have not been doing as much reading lately, I have been knitting in the evenings instead. I need to learn how to do both at the same time. Mom, I bet you can, I don't know if I am ready for that yet. Anyway, I bought the hardbound book at Chapters for $7.99, it is regularly priced $39.00. I can't believe how much books cost, I shop at used book stores most of the time. I recently ordered a couple of books from www.amazon.ca, www.elann.com runs good prices on their knitting books, and you get a yarn voucher if you buy books through them.

Now that the book is done, and Quentin is feeling better I am going to get back on the sticks. I hope to get some work done tonight and post some photos for you Wednesday. Are we getting to hump day already? Where does the week go??!?!

Hi Aunt Sue!! I am so excited to see that there are family members out there reading what I am up to. That is so cool. Mom must be spreading the word that we are all out here in BlogLand for you to keep up with us. What is your blog address Aunt Sue, and what about Diana? Is she lurking out there too? Where can I read all about that Staph infection hummmm? (I hope you are feeling better now!) Hint, hint.

Oh yes, Paul said last weekend was one of the best weekends of his life. How cool is that? I love that I was able make it happen for him. He has been grinning ear to ear since he got home and has thanked me about 10 times. Did I mention that he brought me flowers Thursday night, that was BEFORE he went. I will post some more photos of his trip, there are a lot of good ones, just let me know when you get bored of Heli-skiing photos. I still have a couple photos I have been saving from PJ's birthday, for a slow blogging day.

2 comments:

Wudas said...

I made a mistake. It was strep not staph. I don't know if she reads the blogs. Sue hasn't made any comments to me so I think she's only following you guys.

Shannon said...

I don't know if any of our relatives are reading my blog. They never post comments and I wish they would.