Thursday, March 31, 2005

Sleepless in The Loops

Enough already! I would like this crazy winter foul sickness to leave my house. For the past two months someone in my house has had a cough, sniffle, sore throat or fever on any given day. My kids are just passing it around the horn, and then when you think it has finally run the gamut, it comes back around again.

I have had several sleepless nights in a row up with crying, coughing, feverish children. We have gone through enough Kleenex for Abe Lincoln's nose on Mount Rushmore. (Abe Lincoln's nose is 18 feet long and each pupil is 4 feet in diameter for those of you that want to know). I have purchased more tissue than should be legal for a family of 5. Sebastain is doing his best to save Kleenex, he has chosen to use his shirt and needs it replaced on an hourly basis due to booger saturation. The child is doing his part for the environment, I'll give him that.

Due to this lack of sleep, I am getting cranky. I did not get to run with Mnt. Goat MacKinnin this morning, I was so tired I just could not get out of bed. I have not run with her in a long time and miss the good company and the hard running. We had a trail run planned this morning. I would love to nap now, but if I do so I will never get to sleep tonight. I am better off just pushing through the grumpyness now and going to bed early tonight (yeah, that will happen).

I am feeling more grumpy for a bad case of homesickness. I know this is going to sound backassward but whenever we have company I get homesick. I love company and I am real family person. After Judy's visit I am homesick. I love living in Canada, I love my life here, but sometimes I wish I could move my whole family here with me.

Okay, okay enough grumpy melancholy, I think I just heard Abe Lincoln sneeze, I'd better go wipe his nose, before I have to wash his t-shirt too.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Come home, Disneyland, come home, 75 degree weather, come home!! (you get the picture)

Shannon said...

Keeefer, I loved your decrisption of Kelly's life. It was very funny.

Kelly, I hope you feel better now that it's out of your system. At least Sebastian doesn't walk up to you and wipe his nose on your clothing. Taylor does that to me. I don't know if your kids do this but mine blow their nose once on a kleenex, throw it away and proceed to reach for another kleenex.

Wudas said...

Ahhhh, grandkids, a mother's revenge.

Kelly O said...

Keeefer, what a romantic image you have cultivated of me! You have it about right but you left out my red spandex suit with cape and the large SM (Super Mommy) emblazoned across my chest and don't forget the large bag of M&M's inside my knitting bag.