Saturday, March 26, 2005

Easter Fun

Happy Easter!!!

We had a fun Easter day today. We started with a traditional Easter egg hunt in the back yard in the cold, The kids had a great time. It was quick, I think it would have taken a bit longer if the wind was not so cold. The Easter Bunny brought some chocolate and some nut filled eggs and even some filled with coins and matchbox cars. A good time was had by all, and we are still enjoying our chocolate high.

I got a bit of sewing done today, just some repair work on Sebastian's pajamas and some repair work on my running tights. I figured if the tights had a hole in them it would be sure to snow tomorrow for the race. If I fixed the tights and they were ready for more winter use then it will magically clear up and be warm enough tomorrow that I don't need my heavy winter tights. I am trying to use Murphy's Law to my advantage, I am not sure if it possible but I will let you know how it goes.

I am looking forward to the race tomorrow. I am hoping for a 1:55:00 time. Wish me luck, I will need a little anyway. That is an 8 min 47 sec mile for 13.1 miles. I am having wierd moments today where I think " Oh yeah, I can do that, no problem." Then I have these thoughts, "that is pretty quick for me, I don't know if I can maintain that pace for the distance." I go back and forth. My plan is a good dinner, a good nights sleep and a relaxed fun run tomorrow. I keep picturing that time clock reading 1:55 as I cross the finish line.

I went for a run today just to loosen the works a bit. I had not run since Wednesday and I was getting restless. I ran down to Runner's Sole to get my racing bib and timing chip. I am glad I went I had terrible run today, I am glad I got that out of my system before tomorrow.

Jodie was supposed to drive here from Panorama today for a visit with all of us, she usually comes while her mom is in town. There is a lot of snow flying between her and us right now and she has decided to leave tomorrow morning when the roads are better. We are looking forward to seeing her so I hope the roads clear a bit and she makes it our way.

Well that tasty dinner is about ready now. I have baby back ribs in the oven, fresh corn on the stove top and some wild rice to go with all that. Sounds good. I had better get going.

I am hoping to get some knitting done tonight, it will keep me relaxed and distracted from thinking about the race tomorrow. It is funny, the only thing I race against is the clock, I don't care who is behind me or in front of me, I just want to reach my own goals and I still get a bit nervous before the race. There is no need to get nervous, no one but me really cares about how I do, I mean I am not running in the Olympics here. Don't get me wrong, I don't get to worked up, just a little bit.

I will let you know how I do tomorrow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You can do it Kelly Anne. Run like you're running to Splash Mountain at 8am!