Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Comments ROCK

I hate to take the curling puns any further, but who could resist that blog title. Mom, you started with it your comment! So whatever commences from here will be your fault.

I am in agreement with my sister and my mom, (this is not as rare of an occurrence as you may think) I love the comments that people make. For so many reasons.

First off, you folks are funny. You post comments that make me smile and often that make me laugh right out loud. I love that. (Angie Peg Leg-that is Orville, he is 97 and kicked my @$$ in curling)

Second, it is really neat (for lack of a less Leave it to Beaver word) that people are reading this. It just astounds me how small the internet has made the world. The fact that someone in Australia posted a comment here and my sister has someone in Guatemala reading her blog is just cool. I read a blog from Germany and one from Scotland regularly.

I also feel less homesick since my mom and sister started blogging. I get to see what they are up to with the pictures they post, I get to hear about the latest family doings and I don't have to pay a phone bill. What a great way to stay close to one and another even though I live in the Great White North, (Great Brown North these days).

So thank you one and all for letting me know you are out there, I will try to spice up my life a bit so bit so you come back for more! What could be more spicy than curling...I don't know exactly but I am sure something will come up.

On the knitting side of things:
I finished the second sleeve and I have blocked the completed pieces. I am seaming the thing together and I think this will take longer than knitting the whole thing did. I have the shoulder seams together and I have one arm on. This took me over an hour last night. I am so glad for moms suggestion to pick up and knit the sash, and I am glad I decided to do that with the collar too. Good thinking mom. I will post a picture when I get it all seamed together.

On the tragic side of things:
I hate to do this to all of you, but I am going to post a bit of sadness today. A BIG bit of sadness. Paul got an e-mail yesterday about some friends of ours that were in an auto accident. One of the most incredible women in Paul's graduating class at Life West Chiropratic Collage was killed in car accident in Fresno last Wednesday. Her and her husband were on their way home from work (they are both Chiropractors) and someone ran a red light at 80mph, she was killed instantly and her husband was in critical condition. He is out of the hospital and home now, I don't much as far as details go.

What I can tell you is that Elizabeth was a truly phenomenal woman, she was beautiful, she truly cared about every patient she laid her hands on. She was a gifted healer and an inspiration to be around. The world will be a darker place for her passing. I don't think I ever saw Elizabeth without a smile on her face. In school she was always one of first people to volunteer for a project that would help others. She gave of herself in so many ways, it makes my heart sad to think she is no longer with us. My heart goes out to her husband Stone for his loss, there are no words to describe what he must be going through right now.

1 comment:

Wudas said...

I'm very sorry to hear of the death of your friend. Please let Paul know my heart goes out to the both of you...and to her husband.