Saturday, March 05, 2005

Sharing

I have worked hard to teach my children the concept of sharing. It is an important thing for all of us to know and practice. They get it. When Sebastian was very little, I told him he had to eat the broccoli that was on his plate before he could have dessert, there where 2 small pieces. He smiled up at me, and put one of the pieces on my plate. I said, "What are you doing?" He said, "I am sharing mommy." I ate the broccoli.

The kids have shared their cold with me. Bless their little hearts. I have the worst sinus headache I have ever had. I have had it for 3 days. I am ready for it to go away now. I have not gotten much knitting or anything else done around here the past few days. I have been in bed by 9:00 every night. I think I am ready for a nap about now.

I have gotten in a few light runs and a long run today. I did not feel to bad for today's run, 10 miles, but I am tired now, and ready for the hot tub. Yes, the long runs do make me stiff for a day or two, I am not Bionic you know.

Paul has been trying to get me to go curling with him since I moved to Canada. I have managed to dodge this bullet for 5 years tomorrow I go curling. I will let you know what this is like. It involves rocks, ice and sweeping. It sounds like to me like shuffle board on a larger, colder scale. I hope to post some pictures. This is what happens when you mix bored Canadians, beer, ice and rocks.

4 comments:

Shannon said...

I hope that you feel better soon. Colds are miserable things.

Anonymous said...

Curling ha? I have to admit I never thought I'd have a friend who went curling. Thanks for expanding my network of people who do things Kelly Anne. Hope you had fun, and feel better.

Wudas said...

I had a two week bout of the flu. I don't envy you your cold. At least the weather is getting better. It's supposed to hit 80 hear this week.

Lori said...

dang your child is smart. I wish I'd thought of the sharing technique when I had to eat veggies as a child :)

feel better soon!