Saturday, March 12, 2005

Party Pooper

Last night Paul and I went out on a date. We went to the Blazer game. (The Blazers are the local hockey team, Western hockey League). We are season ticket holders and this is the second game I have been to all season. Usually Paul and Sebastian go and PJ and I have a girls night out, we take Quentin with us too, the hockey games run to late for him to stay up that long.

We have 4 seats so Phil and Leanna came with us, afterwards we went over to their house for a few drinks. I was feeling a tired and bit wonky, so I only had a drink or two. Paul, told me I was a party pooper because "we left so early, and you didn't drink at all". Let the record show that we got home at 1:30 a.m. Party pooper my @$$.

Speaking of @$$, I am dragging mine about now. I fell asleep about 2 a.m. and Sebastian woke me up at 4:00. He crawled into my bed and told me I was 'crowding him' so after tossing and turning for a bit I crawled into his, I got up at 6:45, and was supposed to meet my running group at 7:00. I raced out to Westsyde and the rest of the runners had about a 15 minute head start on an 8 mile run. I am proud to say, that not only did I catch up to them, but I passed a couple of them and completed my run before they did. Not bad for a lady running on to little sleep.

Then it was off to work for a busy day at the office. I only work until about 2:00 p.m. in the afternoon so I don't have to much to complain about. I am all pooped out now though, tonight I can safely be called a Party Pooper. I am ready for bed and it is not even 9:00.

Knitting Front:
My sweater is coming together nicely. I posted a photo of a bit of the seaming process. Once I got the hang of what I was I doing it went along faster than I thought it would. I was hoping to finish the seaming tonight and pick up the stitches for the collar, but I think I need a good book, a cup of tea and a long nap.

I told Paul today that I was proud of him for starting a little knitting project of his own. I think it is nice that he is showing so much interest in what I like to do. He asked me if I would adjust him this afternoon before he went into the hot tub. He came in with no shirt on and laid down face up on the chiropractic table. I then noticed he was 'knitting' his very own sweater in his belly button. The man is really amazing. Talk about multi tasking, taking care of the kids all day while I am at the office, and knitting a sweater at the same time. Phenomenal. I asked him if I could blog about his knitting ability. He said, "Only if you post some pictures." I will spare you all the trauma.

Really, where does belly button lint come from? As far as I know it is a strictly male issue. I never found a fur ball in my umbilicus. Of course, I am not covered in fur like Paul is. I think it is time for a cup of tea while I ponder this. Good night!

3 comments:

Wudas said...

You haven't found lint in your kids belly buttons either, I bet. BTW your grandmother, Gran, thinks your blog is a hoot. I didn't even know she was watching!

Wudas said...

P.S. I've had days when I could't post a comment on either your's or Shannon's blog. It must be the blog site.

Shannon said...

I had a problem a few nights ago posting comments on your blog and Mom's. I just waited a few hours and tried it again and it worked. I think they must have been doing some maintenance.

I've had problems posting photos before but not like this. I use Hello and it keeps saying there's an error while it's trying to upload the image to my blog. I hope that Gran reads my blog too.

I have to admit that I'm jealous that you get so many comments on your blog. I wish I had more comments on mine.