Thursday, March 17, 2005

Gong Show

Gong show, yes that is what yesterday turned out to be.

I had a good morning, if not a little rushed. I spent the morning doing laundry and getting the sheets changed and house clean for Judy (Mother-in-Law), then I whipped down to the office and had a half hour massage (woe is me, chiropractic perk). I raced up to the school to get the kids and then went to Debbles house for a yummy lunch. Toodle home for quiet time so the kids get a rest before we are to head out to the airport to pick up Grandma Judy.

Nap time, when all hell breaks loose. Everyone goes to their rooms, with some resistance. Quentin gets put in his crib and he starts to cry. He rarely fusses before naptime, but I know he is tired and I figured that was the cause. I was wrong. I got him to sleep in my arms, but everything I set him down he would wake up and cry. I finally decided I would let him cry a bit and see if he would fall asleep. He escalated to the point where I figured I had better go rescue him, I picked him and he settled down a bit. And then it happened, yes, the little bugger barfed all over me. (I am so sorry for two bodily function blogs in one week, please forgive me). Anyway the poor kid is sick all afternoon.

I am thinking, 'What am I going to do with this sick kid when I have to go get Judy at the airport." I called Paul, he was booked until 5:30, so I called Debbles. And lets just offer up a huge thank you to Debbles. She said, "Layne and I will be there at 4:00."

I can't think of a time that I have been in a pickle that Debbles has said, "No Kelly, I just can't help you." Deb has rescued me through the flu, family crisis, feast and famine. I am truly thankful for her friendship. I have been so lucky in my life to have good friends, Angie Peg Leg, and Debbles those two would offer up a limb if I needed one, so would my sister and mom for that matter.

I think this gift of a good solid friend in my life is something that my mom has taught me. Her and Diana have been the best of friends since high school. I can't think of a time in my life that those two were not setting an example of what good friends are about. I have seen them laugh together and cry together, they don't always see eye to eye, but their differences seem to give each other strength. What an influence that has been on my life and the way I value my friends. Neat.

Enough mush, the story has a happy ending. I made it to the airport on time, Judy is having a great time with kids and we are enjoying her company. Quentin is feeling much better, he actually ate some dinner last night and some breakfast this morning.

The kids went on a field trip to a farm today, where they got to see a calf being born. I worked but Paul and Judy went. I will share some photos after I download them. Paul brought our camera, but left the battery on the counter, Debbles to the rescue again, she had hers with her. She is going to bring it over this afternoon so I can post some pictures for you.

I am feeling restless this afternoon, I feel like this post is a bit scattered. Ah well, I guess that reflects today's mood. I think I need to get up and go do something, a nap maybe? Or I could put on my kilt and do a little Irish jig for you. Happy St. Patrick's Day!

4 comments:

Wudas said...

Good job of word blogging today! Funny story. Someday your kids kids will make you laugh too.

Shannon said...

I've been lucky. I've puked on lots of times by my first child but so far have escaped that fate with my second. Not a fun experience but one most parents have dealt with. I'm glad that Quinten is feeling better.

Shannon said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Shannon said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.