Friday, March 11, 2005

M&M Addiction

Is there any hope for me? I need help, M&M's Anonymous anyone belong to a chapter I can join? You see it goes like this:

I month or so ago, I was shopping for groceries and LARGE yellow bag beckoned me. It whispered very sweet nothings in my ear, it wooed me with talk of chocolate, and some line about 'the peanut in the middle'. I caved, I am weak. This LARGE bag of peanut M&M's somehow climbed into my grocery cart. It came home with me. I ate it. It took me two or three weeks, but I did it. All by myself (I hid the bag from Paul) I am ashamed. I need more.

I went back to the grocery store, to...ummmm....ahhhhh, yes, to get milk, that's it, I went for milk! And another LARGE bag of peanut M&M's came home with me. I had to have something to go with all that milk. I did not hide these from Paul. They are gone, this time I only ate half the bag. I NEED more. I am sitting here at the computer, blogging my little heart out and really my heart is elsewhere today. My heart is on aisle 13 of the Real Canadian Super Store, craving and drowning in peanut M&M's. I am ready to fill the bathtub with them and just relax in it, with a good book and some knitting, and of course a glass of milk.

I need to kick the habit. I will be strong, I will not buy more. I know I have better energy if don't eat a lot of sugar. I know I will have a better long run tomorrow if I can just control myself. We all have our vices don't we? Tell me what yours is, then perhaps I can forget about mine.

5 comments:

Shannon said...

I have a chocolate problem myself. I'm pretty good at ignoring it at the grocery store. My husband is not. He buys it and I eat it. I can ignore any kind chips, hard candy, snacks for my sons lunch, but anything with chocolate on it is fair game for me. I have also found that the chocolate craving comes in phases. Once the craving is filled it goes away..........for a while.

Anonymous said...

It took you two weeks to eat a big bag of peanut M&Ms? Your will power amazes me. I got a one pound bag for my birthday and ate it, by myself, in two days! No joke. Don't give up on sweets Kelly Anne, just give it one more week!

Jay said...

I agree with Angie, the 2-3 week stretch is amazing - that's not a problem, that's a miracle!
I have a problem with grapes. I can only buy them in small bunches now because I WILL eat them as soon as I get home, and no one wants to get sick on grapes!

Kelly O said...

I feel a trip to movies coming on, must...have....M & M's. (Hummus is just not working as a replacement)

Anonymous said...

I feel your pain! I am a health nut but every once in a while I need to eat penut M&M's. Tonight I went to the store and bought a 14 ounce bag and ate the whole thing in one setting! Now I feel terrible about it and know I will be on the treadmill first thing tomorrow morning. I need help!